We have an extensive range of masts suitable for mounting lights. Our lighting masts have been in service with many of the world’s military, fire, police, and government organisations for many years and have a proven record of performance for quality and reliability. We also supply a number of precision Tilt and Turn devices and accompanying Lamps. Our lamp units come in a range of voltages and are supplied complete with bulb, protection grid and fixed or quick-release mounting brackets for attaching them to the masts. We can provide many types of pan and tilt devices which can separately rotate and tilt multiple lights. Our masts can carry an impressive head load weight of over 500kg, with some models requiring no guying assembly as they are self-supporting.
Portable Lighting Masts…
We have a range of versatile, lightweight, tripod mounted lighting solutions simple and very quick to deploy by a single person. Our portable mast range is commonly used for temporary lighting applications and a number of models can be supplied with internal spiralled cables. All of our masts carry the CE mark of quality assurance along with all other certifications generally required by procurement personnel.
Sports Pitch Lighting
Our masts are the perfect solution for sports lighting and they are commonly used for football, rugby, tennis, hockey and athletics along with multi use facilities. There are a number of advantages for using telescopic masts against fixed columns such as:
- Safe and easy access for maintaining and cleaning the lights/lamps.
- Extremely robust masts with huge head load capacity – over 900 types available.
- Far less visual impact as the lights can be retracted when not in use.
- Much preferred by planning authorities and residential communities due to decreased visual impact.
- Very easy to install and maintain
- Some masts do not require any form of planning permission as it can be designated as a temporary structure.
- Anti-climb and anti-vandalism measures can be fitted to all masts.
- More versatility in terms of location and extended and retracted height.
- Quick extension/retraction. For example, a 15m mast would take approximately one and a half minutes to extend.
- Increased pitch use time and increased revenue flow for the club.
- Reduced light pollution
- Manual or motorised 360° mast rotation enables you to choose the area to be illuminated, useful for side by side pitches.
- We have used the 7.5m Ø101mm mast and video equipment for the last two years. We invested in this technology due to a lack of elevation at our amazing brand new training facility. We have been really happy with the mast and video equipment solution that was originally purchased for high, end on footage, but its versatility and ease of use has meant we use it as our main capture camera from all areas of the field. The footage is of high quality and the 7.5m height provides a fantastic angle and in turn as great coaching and analysing tool. I would highly recommend the mast and video equipment from Total Mast Solutions to all sports teams, it has been a fantastic investment for the club!Richard Whiffin First Team Backs Coach, London Irish Rugby Club
- Our garden builds are amazing, but often difficult to film from a standard camera. It’s all very well filming at ground level but for our viewers to really appreciate the changes evolving in the garden, a high shot is essential. Our prayers were answered when we discovered Total Mast Solutions, a company which manufactures and supplies up to 450 different types of masts for uses ranging from bird watching to military applications. This has turned out to be an invaluable piece of equipment, entirely perfect for our needs. The sky really is the limit with Total Mast Solutions. If you need to go up in the world, go no further than TMS.Jim Boyers Spun Gold TV Head of Production
- The Sports Mast Telescopic mast has been the final piece to my jigsaw. The videos produced are of the highest quality, at the perfect angle and the ability to either look down on the whole pitch or use the remote pan and zoom features to follow the play in more detail has already transformed my football club. I could not recommend this product more!City of London School
- We purchased the 7.5m Ø101mm in January 2014 and it very quickly became an essential part to our analysis process. With a real emphasis on the detail, particularly when looking at the game at the top level, the mast allows for the perfect overview when filming all types of fields. We record and analyse every part of training whether it be from individual and team fitness to team run through and small group skills. The pure strength, height and durability of the mast enables us to use the system every single day of the year, no matter the weather. It is an invaluable tool and crucial to our analysis process, and with a fantastic team in Total Mast Solutions behind the scenes, you feel well looked after.Barry Frost Head of Performance Analysis, Salford Red Devils
- When analysing footage of sports matches that was sent to me I often found the footage unusable due to poor quality, poor angle and lack of height. I then set about researching the best way to get an elevated wide angle view of sports matches. I settled on the 6m Ø80mm portable mast and video equipment from Total Mast Solutions based in the UK, this solution gave me broadcast quality wide angle footage at a 6 metre height and I was able to capture up to half the field at a time. The whole system can be set up and operational in under 10 minutes, it is fully weatherproof and very robust. The mast and video system gives you the capability if needed to remotely zoom in or keep wide angles for the whole match. The mast and video system has taken my business to a new direction with sports filming and now this has become my most in demand service.Rob WallbridgeManaging Director, High Performance Coaching
- The equipment does exactly what they said it would, and it has been very reliable. As a user of masts in the photography market, one piece of advice that was given to me that has proven useful is to have a back up set of cables and pan and tilt head. I have damaged them by accident in the past and having a backup set has allowed me to continue to provide an uninterrupted service. The really nice thing about this work is the client is not looking for pretty photos so the weather is not an issue. The team at TMS are always happy to guide me in the right direction not only with advice about the equipment but with marketing ideas, business advice, insurance handling and safety advice as well.Sean MartinHigh Vision Photography
What Can We Offer
Super Lightweight Masts…
An ideal cost effective portable solution from sports pitch and other types of requirements for illumination. It comes in a strong padded carry bag and it is incredibly light at omy 7.5kg including the integral tripod and the clever automaic tensioning guys give it maximum strength. It can easily carry 4 x lamps to illuminate a large area and can also be mulifunctional by adding video cameras at the same time. Constructed from aluminium with clamp able sections that are aire cushioned for easy and safe retraction. A full range of accessories are available such as robust weight bags to add stability. It come with 4 adjustable / pegable feet for deployment on unlevel ground and a stand pump on syrup double foot strap to add your body weight to the mast is available is available for alternative uses.
Portable Lighting masts…
Our PELU (Portable Electric Lighting Units) are ideal for easy, rapid deployment and transportation. It is a fully contained lighting mast unit and is in wide use with emergency service organisations worldwide.
If you require a hands on demonstration you can visit our premises or we can bring our demonstration vehicle to you. This is fitted with a range of masts. Please consult our various mast specification charts or contact our office if you have any technical questions.